Thursday 2 September 2010

Misplaced trust

There's nothing worse than that. Expecting some degree of help, and being horribly let down by what you get instead. Cold comfort is what I think I got.

And you wonder why I rage at them, to their faces. I am disappointed. Badly disappointed.

It would actually be fair for me to say "Boycott MUOSS". Think about this: what have they really done for international students? Concession fares on public transport? Nothing yet. AFAIK Victoria is the last state without concession fares for international students. Our welfare? I don't think I've heard anything from them on the Indian student bashings last year. I remember either the Provost or the VC of Melbourne Uni saying something, but not MUOSS. Two major things for international students to consider, and... nothing much yet from MUOSS. Talk about serving us.

I suppose one man doesn't make a wave; however, if enough people speak up, I'm pretty sure we can get something started. Student revolution anyone? It's either MUOSS starts speaking up, or we elect a new group of people who actually care about us. Not some hotchpotch melting pot.

No comments: