Monday 30 March 2009

Some ranting

I now know why the heck some of the JPA scholars complain that they don't have enough spending money for the month. Let's see the breakdown of numbers for them.

Spending money for a month: $1200

Rent: $200 a week = $800 a month, assuming electricity and water are paid for.

Food: $200 a month, assuming that they eat at home, ie: cooking their own food at home.

Phone: $79 - $149 a month for an iPhone.

Total spent in a month: $1079 - $1149, leaving $51 - $121 as savings.

So tell me why they need an iPhone here. Bloody hell. It's too common here. Everyone who can afford one has one, so they think they need one as well. Honestly speaking, since I can't afford one, I don't think of having one. So please don't think that since the government is paying your bills, you can afford to have an iPhone.

3 comments:

jolene n. said...

agreed much

shann said...

and i couldn't agree more.

i love u mathgod muacks muacks muacks
and i love u jo muacks muacks muacks

Kyp said...

There couldn't be anything better to say about them, until I find a scholar who doesn't do what I've said.