Friday 15 January 2010

Contemplations

I once had a discussion with a friend of mine regarding the existence of God. My friend pointed out that there were several reasons why we can safely discount the existence of a creator for the universe.

Later on, I started reading books on philosophy. One of the major questions they had in common was "Does God exist?" Many thought experiments were suggested to the readers, and some solutions were proposed, amongst which Occam's Razor stood out to me.

So.. if there is a good reason not to believe that God exists,
then.. why all the fighting over which name we should call him by?

inb4 religious people start hating on me

3 comments:

p falcon said...

Try mispronouncing a character during a WoW/Anime/Gaming event and brace yourself for the response :P

What reason? Pray share.

Kyp said...

Eh?

Anonymous said...

~peers around to ensure coast is clear~

Look! It's General Stainer from Final Fantasy X!

~cry of hordes a la L4D~