Tuesday 19 August 2008

m'sia my country

I must say that the M'sian ministers are a funny lot. On one hand they tell the US not to interfere with the justice and legal system in M'sia [regarding the Anwar sodomy charges], on the other hand they advise the German NGO not to hold the anti Islam congress. Fine, so NGOs aren't part of the government. True. But doesn't this sort of go against the policy of non-interference?

By the way, if we talk about religion, then I must say that Islam has been tainted by a group of people who are, shall we say, selfish. Not all Muslims are fanatical terrorists.

On the topic of religion still, I must also comment on the Bar Council forum. It was an "open" forum. But there were still those who were not supportive of the openness, and decided to demonstrate. Are all Malays that close minded? I think not, and I hope not. Even if the PM and DPM think that religion should be a closed topic, I think this is a wrong move.

Ok, now onto the topic of demonstrations. The Universities and University Colleges Act [UUCA] does not permit students to participate in activities outside of the campus. Anyone violating this Act can have disciplinary action taken against them.
Where is the Selangor MB's office building? Is it near to the UiTM campus? I doubt it is anywhere near the campus, maybe within marching distance. So, why were the demonstrators not disciplined? Police permit was given to the demonstration. Fine, so the police can't take action against the students. 5000 students marched. I wonder why these 5000 students weren't disciplined by the university authorities in accordance with the UUCA.

No comments: