Monday 25 August 2008

Thoughts on Melaka and everything else

It is supposed to be the historical city of M'sia. Yes, it does look historic. It looks like Taiping. In other words, it looks kinda abandoned.
On Saturday night I went to Dataran Pahlawan for dinner. It looks modern, like Summit USJ. What surprised me is the youth. I mean, Melakan youths are just the same as Subang youth. All I saw last night were couples out for dinner, gangs of friends [not my friends] out for nothing and the usual load of white tourists buying stuff and enjoying the nightlife of Melaka town [if there is any nightlife].
So, what can I really say about Melaka? It's a semi modern town like any other semi modern town. Boring to locals, fascinating to tourists. It's all the Portuguese's fault. Why did they have to come to Melaka to kacau?
On a related note, I must say that most 5 star hotels are bloodsuckers. Simple stuff like internet access is restricted to paying house guests only. Imagine that. Although I suppose this is the norm in western countries. I did hear that Aussie Starbucks charges for wifi access. So I guess that this is called normal. Anyway, I think that development doesn't suit Melaka. It's destroying the coastline. Historic as this place is, there isn't a part of it I haven't seen on my first trip [this is my third trip]. Soon, the historical sections will be edited out to allow development. How sad, after all, this is M'sia.

***

Enough about Melaka, now about Pak Lah aka Dollah aka Bodohwi. God save him, I suppose at home he's the same as he is in public.
Look at all these contradictions:

Before: I will not dissolve Parliament.
After: Parliament is dissolved.

Before: Fuel price will not be increased.
After: Fuel price goes up.

Before: Fuel price decrease will only be implemented only after 1st September.
After: Fuel price decreases on midnight, 23 August.

So, can the PM make up his mind? God no, I don't think so. I wonder whether he does the same thing at home.
Jeanne: Tonight again?
Badawi: Ok.
[An hour later]
Badawi: No cannot, suddenly my dick hurts.
Badawi ends up on the sofa for the night.

It's a joke, but if the PM continues this indecision, then sooner or later BN is gonna lose. Then Pakatan takes over, with Anwar as the new PM [or so they say].

***

The same indecision goes to the Avril concert organisers and the officials in charge of the whole event. First PAS youth complains. So the officials decide to cancel the concert. Then the rest of the people complain. So the officials decide to allow the concert to go ahead.
All this rubbish of yes no yes no is driving us nuts, and also destroying the country's image.

***

Swearing on the Quran is the latest trend in M'sia to prove somebody's innocence. First Saiful swears that he was sodomised by Anwar. Now Najib also swears that he has never known Altantuya.
Soon, all the prisoners in the prisons up and down the country will be rushing for the surau qurans to swear that they are also innocent of the crimes they were charged with. God help us then.
We'll either have a lot of convicts on the loose, or a lot of peace and quiet.

No comments: