Saturday 6 September 2008

immigrants

Ahmad "Immigrant Chinese!" Said is on the news again. Not to apologise or what, but to reiterate the rubbish he has in his mind.
"I am not going to apologise."
What a bloody Malay he is. Let's us look at a historical parallel, since he likes his history so much:

America: White immigrants came and took the land from the Indians.
Malaysia: Indonesian immigrants came and took the land away from the orang asli.

America: White immigrants call themselves Americans, after the country they took over.
Malaysia: Original Indonesian immigrants [circa 1400] call themselves Malays after taking over most of the country.

America: The Indians are a suppressed minority in their country, but are given some rights.
Malaysia: The orang asli are a minority in their country, but enjoy bumi status.

America: Other immigrants are assimilated into the country.
Malaysia: Other immigrants are assimilated into the country, but reluctantly.

Do you see where I'm going with this? If not, then I'll put it clearly. The Malays are a mixed lot, with Indonesian blood, Javanese blood, Bugis blood, even Arab blood, Indian blood and Chinese blood. There is no such race as the Malay race, because there is no Malay blood. If there is a Malay race, then the current Indonesians will also be considered as Malays.
Don't call me intolerant or insensitive. Don't ask for me to be charged under the Sedition Act either. The politicians say this sort of stuff "in a personal capacity", but at a public gathering. So, this is a public blog, but I will also say this in a personal capacity. And if you want to bandy historical facts, I have my Sejarah Tingkatan 1-5 textbooks to use as reference to clearly point out my points to you.
I'd rather wish that all of us could set aside our differences and try to help the country, but the fact is that the politicians aren't helping much. Dammit.

No comments: