Wednesday 27 May 2009

Friends

I have 3 types of friends - acquaintances, good friends and close friends/inner sanctum. Like the colours of the rainbow, the boundaries aren't clear at all, so don't take anything I say here to heart.
#1. Acquaintances - I know you guys for a short time, haven't really known more about you than just your name and where you stay. Mostly known through social gatherings and introduced through friends. We'd hardly meet in uni or on the streets.

#2. Good friends - I've known you guys for at least 3 months and counting. Probably would have trusted some of you with my history, so you'd know something about me from secondary school, or even further back. Usually people whom I meet at social gatherings, and then bump into regularly at uni. Oh, and we'd most likely sign up for events together.

#3. Inner sanctum - I've been into your house at least once, and stayed overnight at least once as well. Might not know you guys for long, but we see each other regularly enough to be comfortable. People whom I "trust" with secrets, and who trust me with theirs as well. We're gonna rule uni with our ways. And we're the core of any gatherings we plan.

So it is good that I have some amount of people in my inner sanctum to dig me outta the mud I sank into. Thanks to you guys, I'm more or less stable again. I owe you guys one.

What I would give to get a sign from up above
Letting me know that everything would be okay
I wish someone would pull me up from outta the mud
Will anyone out there
Say to me
I'm here
For you
Don't worry
Cos I've got you
I've got you baby
Don't dread
Don't sweat
My life seems to be heading
Over the edge

-Over the Edge, Akon-

No comments: