Monday 4 May 2009

the Westlife generation

I'm feeling nostalgic today, hence the title.

Back in Taylor's, I always felt that S4 was the place I belonged, not least due to almost every one of us liking Westlife songs. The Irish band occupied a special place in our playlists - the most played list.
I guess the best one of their songs would have to be 'Flying Without Wings', the one featured in the first Pokemon movie [the one with Lugia in it]. Kids like me back then liked the message in that song.

And then on S4's class trip I remember vividly the whole back half of the bus singing along to 'If I Let You Go'. Well, almost all of us were singing. Those of us sleeping didn't sing, for obvious reasons. I should have brought some of my Westlife CDs on that trip. Dammit.

But anyway, what is past is in the past. Time to look to the future, and to burn the idiot who reinvented the crash helmet in a pit of embers.

No comments: