Sunday 5 April 2009

I-Splat - engineers' way of having fun!

I know this was last week's event, but what the heck, I'll just post about it.

So last week I went for paintball at Oakleigh, just outside of Clayton. Of course I got shot up, quite a few shots, to be honest about it. Partly due to something called Highlander mode, which I'll elaborate in due time. The place is called World Series Paintball, near Huntingdale station, even though it's in Oakleigh. That caused a little confusion when we got on the train to get there.

Leader: Ok, we're getting off at the next stop. [we were at Oakleigh, the stop before Huntingdale]
Someone: I thought the place is in Oakleigh, shouldn't we be getting off here?
Leader: No, this shows you haven't done your research before coming.

Me: OMGWTFBBQLOL

Anyway, we managed to find our way to the place. The inside is damn modern, it looks way better than most outdoor places. There are four different fields inside, with four different layouts for playing. There was only one difference in the playing style - instead of deathmatch, we played normal respawn mode. Which ultimately led to lots of dodging. Anyway, there were quite a few new playstyles I saw that Sunday - money rush [grab bags of cash], poachers [grab furry toy animals], border crossing [like bombing run] and the highlight of the day being the WTF Highlander mode. That mode ultimately led to most of my soreness, aches and pains of the day. Basically in Highlander mode, you become a Highlander who can't die. You can get shot over and over, but if you don't like the feeling, then you can opt to retreat. Like heck we'd retreat that fast. So of course, whoever decides to go in charging, you'd amass lots of bruises and shots. Such as these shots to my forearm and neck.
At the end of the day, the guys gave us these little tags to vote for satisfaction. Guess who was the lone mad guy who dropped his tag into the green box. No prizes for guessing correctly, though. All in all, I think I justified my expenditure for the entire trip. Fun the whole day long FTW.

No comments: