Thursday 23 April 2009

Triple dump

Ok, imma dump all the stuff from the last few days in one long post. Forgive me if it sounds like rambling at the end, I was really emo at that time.

Tuesday:

IESS info session - kinda interesting. On one side of the theatrette you'd find these first years, and on the other side you'd get all the committee members and higher year kids. My friends and I seem to have a good plan for getting posts in the IESS general committee. Let's see:

Jun Yeu - publicity officer [cushy job, all you'd need to do is to get more members for the society]
Kee Ching - IT officer [even cushier, if you're good at web management and Photoshop. All you'd need to do is to maintain and update the society website.]
Shu Jie - welfare officer [as the President himself put it, the big mom/dad of the society - just need to take care of everyone]
Michelle - [crap forgot. for some irrational reason I forgot what she's running for.]
Me - Editor [why I'd run for this isn't exactly clear, but it's kinda apparent to some of us that I can write. Hope so, I'd just be updating the society newsletter.]

We've now gotta write policy speeches, just to advertise ourselves. How to do that isn't clear yet, but I'm hoping somebody would write it for me XD. Two weeks until the AGM, so that's a lot of time still - it's next month.

Yesterday:
Yes, I did what I said I'd do - wake up at 5 am to study for Calc 2. Thank goodness for Coke - the black liquid, not the white powder - for helping me through the morning. Slept at 11, got up at 4am for my study plan. And this turned out to be a reasonably good plan, since I manaaged to spot one glaring error in my workings. Not good if a similar question came out, since quite a number of people relied on me teaching them the right stuff for the test. But I managed to let those guys know about the error, so it wasn't too bad. It looks like it will be worthwhile coaching uni students in calculus, it's gonna be a repeat of SAM.

Afternoon, before Chem tute - I still need to release some stress over this:

Michelle: Where's Camberwell?
Me: Wait a moment... [digs in pocket for timetable, gets it out]
Me: Ok, this is the train line, Camberwell is somewhere... [fingers dancing]... over here.
Michelle: That's far wei.
Me: Ok, if that's far, try me, staying somewhere around... [fingers dance again]... here.

End of conversation. Silence reigns supreme.
I must be some kind of conversation breaker, whereby any one of my statements would just unbalance everyone in the conversation and thus kill off anything anybody can think of saying. I kinda hate it, it makes it hard to carry on a conversation with anyone.

Damn, it's hard being me sometimes.

Early this morning - around 1am to be close:

Emo problem T_T. Started around early last night, culminating in the following conclusion:

One part Wednesday night, one part emo songs, one part kitchen knives, one part semi-depressed state. Stir well until blended. Guess what you get? Suicidal thoughts.

Anyway, my dad's in town for the next 3 days or so starting today. Ohshi- gotta behave like a uni student - wait - what's a uni student supposed to behave like? Just realised that's a good question.


Pray I get to enjoy meself at poker night this Saturday.

No comments: