Friday 12 June 2009

Post-calculus effect

Exams -> long lunch -> walking around Camberwell -> back to city -> Fed Square -> Liling's place for dinner -> Hoyts Melbourne Central for The Hangover


The post-calculus effect. It's fantastic. At least it got most of our circle together for a lot of fun. For one, I managed to get some of us to see my side of life, out here in the suburbs. And we also got to try out some good food in Camberwell. Well, finally something I really like - friends coming to the suburbs for some fun.

Fed Square had an interesting art exhibit this time, called Volume by UVA. I was pretty impressed with what they did. Unfortunately for anyone to fully enjoy the effects of Volume, you need to be able to listen to the musical effects as well. The changing colours won't be enough to enthrall anyone.

And a side note on cooking: Once you've been forced to fend for your own self for at least a year, you develop your own style of cooking. Whether it's derived from cooking shows, or your own housemates, the skill will always differ with person and cooking utensils. You can imitate, but eventually you'll develop your own style.

I can't believe a girl suggested that we watch The Hangover. I guess it's better suited to guys, but that's just me, since the show was just lots of swearing and jokes. A little too frank for my tastes, but, well, considering the plot and stuff, it's pretty good for a de-stressing show.

Now I also know how innocent [or lack thereof] my friends are, with them laughing at every single joke The Hangover threw at us. Every. Single. Joke.

You can't choose your relatives, but you can choose your friends.-
-Not me.-

No comments: