Thursday 4 June 2009

Relatives

It seems to me that most of the Malaysians I know in Melbourne all have relatives somewhere about Aussie. In fact, I've always wondered why Melbourne is one of the cities of choice for Malaysians to go to.
Quick comparison of 3 major cities in Aussie:
Brisbane: Haven't been there for long, but the tropical weather would most likely suit us, coming from the humid tropics.

Sydney: Milder than Brisbane, but the beaches are more happening, apparently. More evidence needed from my friends in Sydney. More cosmopolitan than Melbourne, and nightlife seems to be better.

Melbourne: For the cold weather. It's good fun here, nightlife is adequate [although I haven't been allowed to go clubbing legally yet], beaches are ok, there's lots of different people from different backgrounds here.

But it still doesn't explain the clustering well enough. Sometimes even asking those who've been here for >10 years doesn't really help.

No comments: